Volleyverse, the exciting volleyball platform, is looking expand our coverage of international indoor volleyball. With Tokyo 2020 just over a year away this is an exciting time to join the world’s leading volleyball destination and build the best coverage of the global game.
The role will have the following responsibilities :
- Write & publish 30 – 40 articles per week – news, interviews, analysis & features
- Comfortable at producing English language editorial for an international audience with exceptional grammar
- Enhance editorial with a range of complementary content – video, social, images
- Develop and source stories through network, watching & analysing games, monitoring social media
- Develop exceptional knowledge of FIVB & regional indoor competitions, the teams & players
- Building a network of contacts to ensure Volleyverse is at the heart of the sport
- Arranging and conducting interviews with key figures including players, coaches and administrators
- Using all major social media platforms to build your own brand, the Volleyverse brand & to drive engagement with your content
- Travel to international competitions as justified
Whilst your experience is important, your potential, desire, and mindset matter even more. We’re looking for someone who can grow into the role and become one of the most respected volleyball writers in the Philippines.
- Exceptional passion for & knowledge of international volleyball
- A degree in journalism is an advantage, but not essential.
- Exceptional writing skills with an ability to deliver technically proficient and engaging content
- Previous experience in sports writing is an advantage & experience at writing for an international audience is preferable
- Existing network of international volleyball contacts, or the desire and ability to build one
- Proven ability to gather information from a range of reliable sources and convert it into news
- An outgoing personality with the confidence to conduct interviews with key figures
- A strong work ethic and ability to motivate yourself
This role offers candidates an incredible opportunity to be part of an exciting global volleyball project & to build a career in sports media. In addition, we are offering:
- Generous monthly wage & bonus structure
- Ownership stake in Volleyverse (you will benefit if the company is sold)
- Flexible working location
- Flexible work hours – you will be judged on performance and results (though please note this is a full time role)
If you are looking to take the next step in your career and interested in this opportunity, then we’d love to hear from you.
The application process will involve:
- Completing this application form and submit sample work – submit here >>
- Completing a content planning exercise
- Interview with the CEO
- Interview with the Editorial Director
- Job offer and engagement
We are looking to fill the role swiftly, so applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Volleyverse is building a home for the 900 million volleyball fans from around the world. We combine cutting-edge technology with great content to grow the profile of volleyball and to help fans connect with their heroes.
The sport has incredible potential in the Philippines, which is a key market for us. We have been live for just over two years, during which time we have built an incredible community of more than 2.8 million passionate fans.
Our objective is to provide comprehensive, interesting and unbiased coverage of all elements of the sport – high-school leagues to the Olympics.
Volleyball fans deserve the very best experience possible and we aim to become the ‘ESPN’ for the sport.